Tony Amberger and his brother Steve own Pinecrest Nursery & Landscaping
Herbert Amberger was born in Norwood in 1934 and first opened for business in 1954 selling mainly vegetables on a roadside stand, In 1960 he soon expanded to a full-service garden center offering a complete range of flowers, shrubs and trees, along with all the necessary supplies. In 1999 he handed over his business to his sons Steve and Tony. They started expanding their landscaping services, not only to homeowners but to homebuilders and commercial builders. They have been recognized in Homerama many times as favorite landscaping.
In 2007 they acquired the property next door to the garden center which is known as Pinecrest Home & Garden. This was added for their customers to find accent pieces to complement their landscape. In 2012 Steve and Tony purchased the greenhouse located across the street from the garden center known as Pinecrest greenhouse. This allows them to grow their own flowers at affordable prices. The greenhouse also carries herbs, vegetables and seeds for all their customer’s needs. Click Here for Cincinnati Enquirer article June 2, 2013.
To be the premier garden center by exceeding customer expectations in all aspects of our business. We seek to inspire and motivate by creating an exciting shopping experience, and by providing gardening expertise and top-quality plant material that is unmatched in the area. In all that we do, we strive for fairness and customer satisfaction.
Our plants are guaranteed, pure and simple. They are of the finest quality and receive the finest care while in our garden center. So naturally, a few conditions apply, depending on whether you plant them or we plant them.
Our plants are guaranteed, pure and simple. They are of the finest quality and receive the finest care while in our garden center. So naturally, a few conditions apply, depending on whether you plant them or we plant them. This is a Tree & Shrub guarantee only.
When you plant them yourself
We provide a six-month guarantee. If a tree or shrub is defective or dies during the first six months after purchase, we will replace the plant or issue a store credit for the original purchase price. A few simple conditions apply:
- Present your original receipt and the plant when asking for a replacement. If no receipt is presented, we can only give store credit
- Plants installed into containers are not covered by this guarantee nor are the following: annuals, perennials, herbs, rhododendron, pieris, ornamental grasses, and marginally hardy plants (gardenia, loropetalum, indian hawthorne)
Plant damage caused by physical injury (e.g., by a weed eater, deer, or insects) or by extreme weather conditions beyond our control is not covered by this guarantee.
When we install them for you
We employ the best planting techniques based on years of experience and the quality of our plant material. We guarantee the trees and shrubs we provide and install in your landscape for one year. If a plant is defective or dies during the first year after planting, we will replace it FREE of charge, as long as the plant has been reasonably cared for and has not been adversely affected by events beyond our control. Our customers want their new plantings to succeed as much as we do. They almost always follow our care instructions and carefully monitor the progress of their plants. However, on rare occasions, we are unable to honor our guarantee. Specifically, Owner neglect, such as improper watering, untreated insect damage, or abuse from a lawn mower or weed eater can damage or even kill a plant. AND, events beyond anyone’s control, such as storm damage, abnormal freezing temperatures, hail, drought and other unavoidable disasters, can lead to plant death.
DETAILS OF OUR GUARANTEE
- We will replace a guaranteed plant one time. There is no guarantee on the replacement plant.
- We will replace a guaranteed plant FREE of charge. Our policy is not to refund labor fees or the cost of plant material at any time.
- We will replace a guaranteed plant FREE of charge with the plant of your choice. If you choose a more expensive plant, you will be responsible only for the additional plant cost above what was previously paid.
- We may want to view the defective or dead plant on site to determine the cause of the problem.
- These plants are NOT covered by our guarantee: annuals, perennials, herbs, rhododendron, pieris, ornamental grasses, marginally hardy plants (gardenia, loropetalum, indian hawthorne), and plants installed in above-ground containers
We hope that the terms of our guarantee are clear and reasonable. If you have any questions, please give us a call at (513) 777-3184